Recommendations for travellers
Always consult a health care professional or visit a travel health clinic at least 6 weeks before you travel.
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- it is a good idea to always keep some with you when you travel
- eat and drink safely abroad by staying away from raw or undercooked food and meat
- keep away from high-risk areas such as farms, live animal markets and areas where animals may be slaughtered
- avoid close contact with people who may be sick, especially if they have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- stay away from animals (alive or dead), including pigs, chickens, ducks and wild birds, and items contaminated with their body fluids.